View Single Post
Old 6 May 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1907692)   #24
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I think this tread, and the others like it, have less to do with equal rules (if such a thing is possible) than the fact the people don't like Audi or are fixated on the fact that Deisel powered cars are better than petrol and are having problems dealing with it.
Quite frankly thats just a load of rubbish.

The people here that are bringing the topic up are ones who like to see a bit of fair competition and not just a Cakewalk for one particular kind of car. It's always been the case in any sport, where you have intense competition you get more public interest.

Last year at Le Mans we didn't have that, however attendances were still good because of the "curiosity" factor of seeing how the R10's diesels performed. But I doubt wether many walked away from the circuit thinking that they'd witnessed a classic race.

Crowd numbers will probably be up again this year too, but again that's because of the new Peugeot's. But whereas at Le Mans you have the R10 v 908 battle, in the LMS all we have is an increasingly boring Cakewalk. Le Mans profit is the LMS's loss this year, but I don't suppose the ACO care too much about that.