Old 30 Jan 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2117139)   #30
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
One problem with any move on a united OW series. TG. how come his great statement we will never race on tracks etc, When Teams and others tried to broker a united dseries, it was TG, the stumbling block. The only way there will be a single OW series is if Tony turns up his toes.
USA's answer to Uncle Bernie E. - I will control everything
unfortunateley your rant about Tony George gets nobody nowhere. the only sensible thing is for both series to merge, become the indy car series once again like it was in 1995 and before. the grid of teams and drivers would be awesome, and it would be big news in the states, that would bring it alot of attention towards it, which would probably make it quite sucessful again, and we would all have a great series to wtahc, instead of two series fighting it out, killing each other.

i would prefer however not to see the IRL cars, as they are dangerous, ugly, and do not perform. i dont think however we should see the DP01 either, as it doesnt look suited for oval racing, maybe on road corses, but i also thing that if there was a merge we should go back to the real indy cars of the time, and bring in a new updated indy car.

Chassis makers can then get invloved from then on, eg lola, dallara, raynard and so on.