View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2117329)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i agree...one "person" being the problem and one "person" can also be the solution...too bad something that it is a VERY common problem is what caused it to begin with; EGO. but what would racing be without it.

i like what Mr. Strong has said; he is a fan's fan and most people, like myself, who like ALL forms of motor racing (not just open wheel), would agree with him...however, until the people with the gold get off there high horses, i believe we are all left to dream about "what if?"

while we are dreaming, i'd like to see the Trans Am series in support of all the road races that Mr. Strong has suggested; bring it back, damnit! Not seeing open wheelers at Brands like someone else has, who doesn't think it's a good idea, i know that the TA would put on one hellava show there.

i dunno, until the merger occurs, i'll stick with the ALMS, and stockcars that have and always will have a home in my backyard. i'd have to travel too far to see races elsewhere....unless the irl goes back to Atlanta Motor Speedway. i feel like such a traitor going to the last irl race there some years back....birthday gift...should i have said no???