View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3316490)   #468
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Congratulations Andrew! .

A bit funny to think that I was only 8 years old, when Bella joined, 11 years old when Andrew joined, 16 when Simon joined, and 18 when I joined.
You really do grow roots in this place like no where else (In fact, Ten-Tenths and my family is the only things in my life, which hasn't changed over the last 5 years )
Andrew is truly an amazing individual and his commitment, dedication, and passion for this side of the forum is unrivaled, in my opinion. 25K... props to you, Ayse!

To parallel your points, Mathias, I was only a few months old when Bella joined, barely over three when Andrew joined, and eight when Simon joined. I'm 15 now. Looking back, I didn't ever have much of a chance to enter the 10 Tenths Hall of Fame until perhaps the year 2020.

I'd love to see a screenshot of Aysedasi's profile when his post count was "1". Do you remember what your first ever post was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Outstanding - I think we can all figure that our grey haired heads have been amiably ruffled here!

In the spirit of general bonhomie though I think we all agree that there's a great sense of community, which as Simon and I were commenting on in June, has increasingly started to transcend what goes on online - very much to be encouraged.
Well spoken, as ever, Ian - you will be forever known on 10 Tenths as the member with undoubtedly the largest lexicon and most insightful commentary. Well done.

I wonder what I'll be known for in the next 10 years? Probably my obsession with changing avatar pics - that's something I can actually surpass Andrew with.

Here is a blast from the past...

And with that, until approximately 12:00 PM GMT January 1, 2014, I will be running a "tribute livery". Check out my new avatar - well, it isn't exactly "new". It's the first avatar I ever had on here. Brings a tear to my eye. :')