View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3317692)   #475
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
It was Grid, a game whose physics engine has decreed that the slightest touch of the throttle will induce a tyre shredding, tarmac marking, powerslide that won't end until you exit the ford chicane.
I think Grid might have made the worst attempt at recreating the Le Mans 24 Hours there has ever been - or ever will be.

I remember that basically you could brake through corners and that attempting to brake in a straight line did absolutely nothing - it was just a glorified arcade game.

Le Mans itself was a shambles. Because of the Le Mans "10 minutes" or whatever it was, you always lapped Mulsanne Corner to the Porsche curves in the dark. So they made the track twice as wide as it is in real life to make it easier for you. It just didn't look a thing like Le Mans.

Then there was the annoying thing of the race ending at dead on 24 hours. You didn't complete the lap you were on - 24 hours were up, the race is done and finished. Had anyone at the game ever been?

Did anyone have Le Mans 24 Hours on Playstation 2? It had the 2000 race on there. The cars got no damage, the driving physics were appalling, but the novelty of some of the cars you could drive never wore off for me...