View Single Post
Old 20 May 2023, 02:11 (Ref:4156880)   #88
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Who gives a **** about FTA TV?

I'm on my third property now without access to free to air TV...

The vast majority of TCR racing overseas is available on Youtube live, if not on-demand.

If TCRA was on YouTube and allowed a direct membership that way I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

This surely is the future of sports support.

I most certainly am not paying for Stan which is rubbish, unless they separate the Sports package, which they will not do.

Stan had the money but they lack the understanding of how to market this racing.

The fact that they led the PI marketing with "see Renee Gracie and co" tells me nobody there has any clue about local racing fans.
The trouble with paying separate subscriptions for each sport you want to watch is that it gets very expensive very quickly.
For example I pay close to $200/year to watch EPL.If I was paying for MotoGP.com it would cost as much as Kayo for that 1 sporting competition.
The USPGA tried to move to a direct streaming model a few years ago but it collapsed due to low subscriber numbers.F1TV has been a failure compared to Liberty’s expectations to the point where they are giving it away to pay TV providers with F1 contracts in a lot of markets.When NASCAR tried to sell streaming packages in Australia after Foxtel pulled the pin a few years back it was a complete bust.There are very few sports where there is a significant number of people prepared to pay access to watch that one specific sport and TCR Australia is definitely not one of them.
Aggregation by pay TV providers/streaming companies is the cheapest route for consumers although the market needs to shake out a bit.Paying 6-7 lots of subscriptions is not viable.I’m real glad that in Australia F1 and MotoGP rights are held by the same network.On top of that my favourite race is Le Mans and I can buy a 1 event streaming package for the whole meeting from Wednesday on for 12 euros.
There aren’t many organisers prepared to do what they are doing for the Nurburgring 24 this year which is world wide live free streaming on their YouTube channel.
Point of information-If you have an internet connection in those properties you have FTA access.

Last edited by Alan52; 20 May 2023 at 02:16.