View Single Post
Old 25 May 2023, 04:34 (Ref:4157835)   #95
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
As far as I know, only 2 were built. Last seen in the UK last year, still constantly breaking down.
There is a new shape WRX now. I still think it should be revisited with the new shape and a better homologation team, as many think the Subaru Impreza / Alfa Romeo Alfasud layout with the flat-four and longitudinal transaxle is the superior front wheel drive layout to the typical transverse layout.

Even though Subaru sales are poor in Europe, you could probably sell some cars to the Michelin Pilot Challenge series in the United States as Subaru are relatively popular stateside.

The boxer engine should have COG advantages to allow it to take the fight to the Lynk & Co and Elantra N?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Then it kept breaking driveshafts at Winton smashing kerbs.
Could it be they are using AWD driveshafts (perhaps AWD items supplied by Modena Engineering together with the box?), putting twice the power through them and simply hoping they don't break!

I'm sure a better homologation could do a better job with the new shape WRX.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 25 May 2023 at 04:41.