View Single Post
Old 18 May 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3976916)   #24
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Do all auction houses operate like this and Coy's are allegedly the worst? I've no experience of them.
Max, I'm pretty sure not all auction houses operate in such underhanded ways. I don't have massive experience of this sector, but recently had dealings with H&H and found them to be very professional and did all they promised. I should add the caveat that this was not as a seller however, so can't say how quickly they pay out. But I suspect they don't follow the Coys code of practice!

As you say, if the stories are true (and there are many out there - no smoke without fire?) then it is indeed good riddance. Companies like this just give the whole classic car sector a bad name. Let's hope that, this time, they're not allowed to simply reappear with a clean sheet under a (slightly) different name.