Thread: DTM 2022
View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2022, 23:01 (Ref:4135638)   #239
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Agree with you. In my eyes there's only one solution to keep the DTM going - to sell it to ADAC. And actually, I can imagine this could be a very good solution with benefit two both parties. DTM is a very popular platform but with ADAC running it it would have a stable and strong foundation.
Also, that would end the rivalry between ADAC and DTM which wasn't good for neither. So, in theory a lot of good things can happen. But will it happen? That remains to be seen.
Allegedly, ADAC's Board of Directors is meeting tomorrow, perhaps some news will be there..
The more I think on it, the more I like the idea of a DTM ADAC merger.

Take the best of both series.

DTM does all PRO 20-25 car 50-60min races

GT Masters is for the Pro-Am and Am, Silver etc pairings

ADAC GT4 combines the strong ADAC GT4 grid with whatever is left of DTM trophy

TCR Germany and ADAC F4 get chucked in there to to it all off..

That is a very very compelling race weekend, that alleviates the European GT racing scene a touch for the better

If DTM and Gt Masters raced on the same weekend, you get all the factory drivers in the same place for the weekend. Maybe they do 2x 50 min races in te DTM pro series, then support an AM driver in a pair of 60min races, or even 120-180min races like the British GT does.

Best of both worlds...

Im sure it wont end up as idyllic as that though, probably we will see Gt Masters and DTM merged into one pair of 60min races per weekend, essentially as the ADAC GT masters is now, but without the DTM as competition.