Thread: DTM 2022
View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4135669)   #241
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why would ADAC bother ?

they have their own GT Masters series which is quite succesful , it even airs on german free TV
There is a fairly good summary of why here - https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...tion/10404558/

'Since DTM adopted the GT3 formula in 2021, GT Masters has been struggling with a declining number of team entries, while DTM itself witnessed a record grid this year. It is a trend that is expected to continue in 2023.'

'And with the takeover, ADAC would have the opportunity to establish a proper pyramid in German sportscar racing, with the DTM as the top class for professional works drivers, GT Masters as a GT3 talent factory and GT4 Germany as an entry level series.'