View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1175379)   #1
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
British Sprint Championship Archive

HELP! I have been slowly getting the archive of results together but currently face some frightening BLACK HOLES. There follows the worst cases currently causing me headaches:

29/03/70 Yeovilton Yeovil Motor Club - Who finished FIFTH in the run-off in a time of 76.39 seconds?
02/05/70 Greenham Common Jaguar Drivers Club - I have only the first two places for this one! What is worse I KNOW there were NINE finishers!
24/05/70 Woodvale Lancashire Automobile Club - I have Patsy Burt 1st; Richard Thwaites 2nd and Tony Harrison 3rd. However I have no times and have no indication of who came fourth.
28/06/70 Cadwell Park Notts SCC - again there were four finishers and I have the first three only!
02/08/70 Thruxton BARC (Surrey) - I know the finishing order but do not have a time for Mike Barker in third place.
20/09/70 Curborough Shenstone & DCC - All I have is that Bob Rose won! I have no time for Bob and have no idea who the remaining finishers were.
11/10/70 Moreton-in-Marsh North Cotswold Motor Club - I have the 1-2 (Bob Rose/Paul Pycroft) but no times and no other finishers?
??/??/70 Fairford Cheltenham Motor Club - Well were to start - I don't know the date of the event, I do know that Bob Rose won but haven't got his time. Finally did anyone else run in the top ten for Bob is the only one I have!
24/08/74 Cadwell Park organisers unknown - I have the finishers (1-6 only) but only the time for Dave Harris.
23/03/75 Longridge Longton & DMC - missing the times for third and fourth.
08/06/75 Curborough Midland AC - I have the 1-5 but no other runners.
07/09/75 Wroughton organisers unknown - I have the 1-4 but no times for any. Also suspect there should be more runners.

That should do for the time being!!!!!!

Any details on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Database is on-line at www.britishsprint.com