View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1322130)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic
This was probably the smallest attendance I've seen at Silverstone for a Sunday meeting - for most of the morning there was only myself and another couple in the whole Luffield spectator area. There were probably more marshals than sectators over the day.
Alfaholic, KRT917 and myself (we were pit walking in the morning) were at Luffield for the afternoon and there was also an elderly couple who had table and chairs and were supping wine - very civilised! Apart from that, and the occasional group passing through (one lot with press passes, and another who were almost certainly supporting one of the Alfa drivers) that was pretty much the sum total all afternoon at Luffield. The stands in visual range had virtually no-one in them either.

Ian, I do like Silverstone and Luffield is a pretty good viewing place. As you know, I do quite a bit of filming from there and usually capture some interesting moments and overtaking moves!

Carsreunited, I didn't think a tenner was too bad for a days entertainment. 8 races and mostly pretty competitive, but yes, I agree that the event was mainly for the benefit of the drivers, their teams and families. Still, I reckon potential spectators missed a good day out.