Thread: Rumours Budget cap revival
View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3137856)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Here we go again !
Don't blame me. This should have been sorted out ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Budget cap, open regs, please.

Simple as that.

Selby
I rather think that a budget cap will preclude vast amounts of R&D, so it may be wise to stick to what you know works, rather than go out on a limb with anything too risky that can't be turned around within your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i would like to see a combination of an overall budget cap and a RRA for certain key components.

i would also think a mechanism is required to discourage overspending short of changing championship standings after the accountants have figured out who spent what. the NBA has done some interesting things with a soft salary cap and the application of a luxury tax to penalize those who go over. no one losses their title but the owners get penalized financially with the proceeds being distributed to those that dont violate the rules.
Yes. That could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
F1 needs a budget cap, period. How to make it happen and how to control it, can be done, it's up to the teams, really.
Indeed it can be done. Once they sort out what can and can't be included within a fixed budget. Some teams don't even own a wind tunnel, never mind have the backing of a car manufacturers spending and technological input.