View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4044480)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I think Weathertech Porsche winning Sebring made things more interesting now. Clearly Matt Campbell and Mathiew Jaminet can compete with the best GTE Pro drivers. Cooper was good enough to keep it on the lead lap during his stints and benefit from safety cars. Le Mans safety car system I don't believe is as generous as IMSA's is. If I am not mistaken if you fall more than a 1/3 of a lap behind the class leader you won't be able to close the gaps anymore?
I think Jaminet will be a good bet for a LM drive with Weathertech but Campbell has a full-season WEC ride already with Proton-Dempsey.

Cooper's drive-time will have to be increased at Le Mans vs the Sebring bare minimum and as you say, the safety cars won't be handing out as many gifts.

I have to say I'm not usually among the forum members complaining about the 'specness' of it all. But after having my first serious look at the entry the other day it's just getting increasingly disappointing. I think there's enough driving talent in P2 to get excited about who is first Oreca, but new P2 regs can't come soon enough at this point.