Old 27 Apr 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4108239)   #5
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinrhonda View Post
Sorry, a little off topic but curious. Being from the USA and one who raced what we refer as Endurance racing, I'm curious about the differences. 1. When you refer to Endurance, are you talking about many laps/hours on a short under .5 to .7 tenths mile course, or on a 2.5-3 mile circuit like Snetterton or BHR for example? 2. Are you contesting in a sprint style chassis.
I'm a bit late but thought I might explain (I'm interested in the US' situation too, very different names to what we have in Europe.)

Endurance karting in Europe is circuit karting around 'road circuits' - popular tracks over here include PFinternational, Adria Kart Circuit or Angerville for instance. Entry-level is usually in arrive&drive karts, as you would hire at a circuit like Atlanta Motorsports Park or an indoor circuit.

Moving up, you then start racing with karts like TonyKart or CRG (I think you guys call them sprint karts) and typically 'ProKart' engines, which are tuned-up twin Honda 200cc 4-stroke motors and are similar to the Briggs LO206 engines in the US. There are also a few series' that use the Rotax Max 125cc engine, I think the Spa 24 Hour kart race uses them for instance.