View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4115647)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think they'll be some words between the ACO and Jim but I could see them back again with someone new bringing their cars, sounds like they're talking with others about more money and sales. And I would expect the GT3 car to be run by someone

BMW and Acura are out until, or if, they sell a car or 2.

Porsche I think will try to get 3 cars, as will Toyota just to up the odds

Caddy and Peugeot will run their 2 cars, Ferrari likely only the 2 chassis built by then.

Taking the dropped cars of GTE-Pro (7 cars) and possible lost Am cars in the last year and possible P2 losses (Penske, AF Corse at least), I think we'll have 10 "open spaces" vs this year. And the ACO will add their premier cars for the 100 anniversary over more GT cars

By that same token, I'd fully expect a 3rd Pug as well - and perhaps Ferrari. And a 4th Porsche is certainly not out of the question, there's only one Centennial every 100 years after all (well two since the 100th edition will be further down the road. )

Edit: if we are to include 2 Glickenhaus cars, 2 Caddys and a surprise Beamer, the possible total would come to 18 (4 Porsches + 3 Toyotas + 3 Peugeots + 3 Ferraris + 2 + 2 +1). All the ACO has to do is eliminate 6 P2s and/or GTs and we're set. Should be rather straightforward for the selection committee.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 14 Jun 2022 at 20:46.