View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2002, 22:51 (Ref:422568)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look at Andretti's performance with NH. It was mediocre for quite some time. DaMatta was only fast this year. Last year he was fairly slow. I think it was a bit of a fluke. I really think it was NH that was the drive behind DaMatta. Look at Christian, he's not a very good driver yet he's been doing very well this year.

I don't think DaMatta's overall success indicates that he's 2X better than any other driver. In fact I'd say he's pretty close in talent to maybe 5 or 6 other guys. (there's a lot of great drivers in CART) DaMatta was always good, but never this good. I don't think Bruno will nessisarly be able to follow in DaMatta's shoes because I don't think NH will be as good next year.

With DaMatta, Dario, Tony, Andretti and probably some more top flight drivers leaving we can't even say who will be left. Tracy has always been plauged by bad luck and his own impatience. If he can get it together and the players car is good he could win. Pat's really done well this year, could be his turn.