View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2001, 10:04 (Ref:65504)   #12
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Raikonnen will be fine, I don't think that's really the point anymore. The point is that the FIA have made an incredible exception to their rules for him, for no apparent reason, and now everyone will think they deserve the right to be in Formula One because they've completed a couple of races in FRenault. Maybe his kart experience does count for more than people think, but don't forget he hasn't actually completely an whole season in a car (I know I harp on at this fact but...) he wimped out of his first season before half way through when he realised he wasn't going to win because he wasn't with 'the best' team. And the following season, when he was with them, he stopped racing as soon as he won the championship! That indicates to me, than unless Sauber have secretly managed to build a championship winning car without anyone noticing over the winter, then little Kimi might throw a tantrum and pull out.

Sorry, I know it's really the wrong forum for this rant, but I can't help thinking the FIA are damaging formula's like their own F3000, as well as their standing in authority by effectively undermining themselves to allow Kimi to race.

So there