Thread: DTM 2022
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2022, 22:59 (Ref:4136391)   #273
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't buy the DTM to squash it. If your objective was to destroy the DTM, the best approach would have been to let it run out of funds as it had done.

Buying it means you value its platform, so its in your interest to grow it.

I totally get the proposal of combining the DTM with ADAC racing weekends, ADAC now have a lot of series to manage, and it makes sense to do those over 2 sets of events vs 3.

I think realistically, ADAC can gain a lot from owning the DTM if they play it right.

GT Masters weekends with the British GT approach of Pro-Am, mix of a 2x 60 min races and single 120 min races would be a nice touch, supported by GT4 and TCR plus regional size series.

DTM weekends with single driver all PRO 2x 60 min races, supported by GTC and Porsche Carrera Cup Germany plus regionals.

Not sure how ADAC LMP3 fits in if at all.

Thats a decent balance in my books, DTM would be the bigger weekend most likely, all PRO racing and the DTM name will bring in good support always.

But who cares which is the bigger weekend in that scenario, ADAC owns both, so they win either way.

Any suggestion the DTM should be TCR or similar is just a pointless backstep thatd kill the series