Thread: Future Changes
View Single Post
Old 24 May 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1308700)   #17
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
It isn't a another major race. This would mean they would replace the Bathurst 1000 with the Bathurst 24 hour race. Much better
You raise an interesting point there Mabs, I do hope that theory never occurs ever. The 24 Hour race should have nothing to do with Avesco or V8 Supercars. It was and hoefully is going again to be a GT, Performance, Production based event.

Leads me to my next point :

Is the Bathurst 1000 event in the year 2005, the same special race that has been an iconic part of Australian motorsport through out the ages

Personally, when I looked at the 1000 last year I kind of didn't get that buzz, that this is a special day kind of feeling.

Maybe because its become a part of the championship.

Maybe because the race used to be for everyone, now days with the 35 soon to be reduced to 32 grid, its a closed shop mentality in which the race was built on.

Maybe due the race being broken up by the safety car.

Maybe I was just a sucker for a channel 7 telecast.

With Avesco taking over the promotion and running of the event, I only think this event is going to lose even more of its passion, spiritual connection to the yesterdays.

Im not sure. But what are your guys opinions on the race as it currently sits ??