View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2020, 15:07 (Ref:3970963)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
It was sort of making sense until I saw the drivers you had listed as qualifying behind Nick Hamilton, especially the one in 27th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
there are several regulars on this forum who will, I predict, take you to task for Driver A being above drivers B, G, H and Z!
As I explained - there is an element of randomness to this - otherwise the result would be known before the simulated series even began.

I see a particular driver was highlighted (27th) and it would seem illogical for them to be that low based on last season's results.
Who knows:
Perhaps the weather closed in suddenly (it was Donington in March)?
Maybe the car failed a ride-height check?
Grid Penalty for blocking?
Overboost on the engine?

Any one driver can have a bad day qualifying.

Just for reference though - Hamilton qualified in 20th at Round One in 2019 so is it too much of a stretch for him to have got an 18th?
In 2018, Turkington qualified 18th at Silverstone, and 17th at Brands - again, he is capable of having a bad performance on occasion.