View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3999426)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Well, it wasn't classified, but it did finish and given that it was 1970's race, ran well aside from the frequent stops to change film.

Probably the most odd-ball DNF/NC in the history of Le Mans
Are you referring to car #26, or car #29?

IIRC:
McQueen was due to partner Stewart in car #26, but did not take to the grid and are officially recorded as withdrawn.

Car #29 was entered under Solar Productions (the film company) and was driven by Herbert Linge and Jonathan Williams. The car was on pace, but lengthy pit stops to replace the film in the camera meant that it did not complete enough race distance to be classified.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100304.../70lemans.html