View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4075041)   #420
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
It could have been even worse. Instead of doing the deal with Aston Martin, they could instead have brought the Lotus name back to F1 again.

Not the real Lotus of course, and not the Toleman Benetton Renault Alpine Lotus, or the even the Caterham Lotus, but instead the Force India Racing Point Spyker Jordan Lotus. Good luck looking that up on companies house.
23 Sep 2014:

'It is no secret that the Enstone-based team -- owned by Genii’s Gerard Lopez -- is not in the best financial state. Additionally, the performance of the Lotus E22 has been quite disappointing so far this year.

German magazine Sport Bild wrote Tuesday that Flavio Briatore (who still manages the career of Fernando Alonso) got in touch with teams Red Bull Racing and Mercedes AMG about a possible new home for Alonso.

The magazine added that Briatore is trying to convince Canadian billionaire, Lawrence Stroll, to invest in Lotus.

Briatore would then take Alonso to Lotus in order to revamp the image of the team. Keep in mind that Lotus will have Mercedes-Benz power units starting in 2015.'