View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2288961)   #144
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645
Using LMP2 engines in a 900kg car seems like a somewhat odd combination to me. I mean they must be at least 125kg overweight, isn't that a bit over the top?
I overlooked the following part:

"► The weight gain from these new smaller engines may be used by the manufacturers to install energy retrieval systems."

So they could be using part of the ~125kg to install KERS like systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Will they be keeping the present LMP2 engine restrictor size and turbo rules as well? I don't think engine size alone will keep horsepower down. Remember the 3.0 liter V6 IMSA Corvette GTP generated almost 1000 horsepower so allowances can be made and plenty of power can be generated from a smaller engine. As was stated earlier in the thread, the only consequence is much lower engine reliability when you try to squeeze too much horsepower out of a smaller engine. It will also need to be rebuilt more often and replaced more often.

DK
Well they mentioned they target a 150hp decrease in horsepower, so I assume they will keep restrictor and pressure regulations such that the intended reduction is more or less retained. Don't think they explicitly mention those 2011 restrictor and pressure regulation in the presentation though.

Last edited by Taxi645; 13 Sep 2008 at 14:02.