View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:58 (Ref:4005217)   #157
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
The official summary on btcc.net is now up:

Penalties:
Race one:
Andy Neate was officially reprimanded and had his licence endorsed with two penalty points for an incident involving Carl Boardley
Andy Neate was disqualified from the race meeting for an act prejudicial to the interests of motorsport generally in making a threat of physical assault by the use of his car to make deliberate contact with another competitor

Not sure if they're saying he deliberately rammed Boardley, or if he threatened to ram him after the race. Either way - utterly crass and idiotic.
I didn't see that one coming, it must of been something Neate said after the last race otherwise I would of thought the CoC/Stewards would of DQ'd him straight away and not allowed him to take the grid in R2 & R3.

Neate might also be in danger of being reported to the Motorsport UK National Court for further sanction.

At least it didn't affect Motorbase in the team championship as they only score 2 cars out of the 3, and I can't see DB ever nominating Neate for a points score.

Last edited by mark_l; 20 Sep 2020 at 23:21.