View Single Post
Old 28 May 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3978927)   #104
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I've been thinking along those lines too, & wondering about the most suitable way to do it. Perhaps something a little bit different to the usual - Mike enjoyed the travel almost as much as the racing, so how about something for the person who competes in the most circuits/countries during a season?

Not very well put but I'm sure you will know what I mean!
It needs someone to set up a method of donating towards a suitable 'Trophy'. and commissioning the actual award, best done by a small committee of those who knew him best,

The difficult part will be setting up some on-going method of awarding the trophy, Probably on an annual basis.
Something based at Snetterton would be appropriate.

The Morgan Aero Challenge Series has a 'Mr Nice Guy Award', as voted by the drivers each season. Something of this nature seems appropriate for Mike's memory.

I hope that something will come of it.