View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4166886)   #308
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
chillibowl, I admit you had me stumped there when I read your post when I got up. It's a fair point and we have to question what a motor race is, but ultimately if it were just about being the quickest, we might as well give the championship trophy to Red Bull now, as we know they're fastest. Or just run the cars individually on the track or look at their data. It's a mix of things that make up an F1 race and inevitably, people will disagree on what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I
As chillibowl implies, a faster car should be able to pass a slower one. The whole point of a race is to find out who is fastest.
Is it only that?