View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4166892)   #309
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I must be the only person on this forum who doesn't hate DRS. Admittedly, it is sometimes too effective but remember how much we hated it when fast cars got stuck behind slow ones and simply couldn't get past.

As chillibowl implies, a faster car should be able to pass a slower one. The whole point of a race is to find out who is fastest. If a slow car passes a faster one just because of the use of DRS, the positions will reverse again on the next lap when the faster car uses the DRS. But I can't remember that ever happening.
I think the main problem is faster cars getting by even more easily than they would without DRS and just breezing by, thereby making it more inevitable and taking away opportunities to demonstrate passing skills. At best, I could say it gives slower cars an opportunity to get a chance to overtake, but all too often it just occurs on the straight rather than in a corner.