View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2024, 06:39 (Ref:4200030)   #258
prensel
Rookie

Netherlands
Nijmegen
prensel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,

So I'm picking up where Delta left of by acquiring all his Argo chassis and parts

I'm Paul from the Netherland and been racing in FF1600 from 1993-2005 with a Merlyn MK20AS. Being 'out of the scene' for almost 20 years I've decided to get back on the track and have acquired a Vector Sports2000 a few years ago and just recently bought Iain's Argo project.

To get at least one car back on the track again I could use some information. And parts.

I'm already in contact with Glenn Bator in the US who owns a JM14 and a Royale RP39.
Are there any other owners, or drivers maybe, of these cars on this side of the globe ?

For parts: anything is welcome, but for most uprights. With three chassis and just two rear uprights I'm very limited in getting more then one car back on the track and even breaking an upright would be a disaster without having a spare(s).

I'm also trying to track some history of these cars. Unfortunately everything concerning Argo was sold after Jo Marquart died and documentation seems to be lost since then. As I have understood everything was sold to David Sears and/or to Hugh Kleinpeter in the USA. The latter labeled the car as Royale RP39 but I'm not sure if this was the JM14 or the extended JM14b version.

So any information is more then welcome, even small things like raceresults from 1983/1984/1985, old photos etc.

Last edited by prensel; 5 Mar 2024 at 06:48.