View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2003, 00:02 (Ref:552516)   #80
FK-One
Rookie

FK-One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a french member of this forum I would like to say that I'm not proud of J. Leconte behaviour...but he is know for being someone quite "uninteresting" concerning many things!!
Concerning Ph Poincloux it's more understandable if you know the whole story. In order to be sure their Porsche would be admitted To LM in 2003 they requested an entry to road atlanta and petit le mans for their car...everything was ready, hotel and plane booked...but they learned just 3 weeks before the race that they were not admitted!Since that it seems they decided not to go back to the US, especialy to sebring...so you can understand now why they are disapointed, but Ph. Poincloux did not say that any country was neglected...he is really more intelligent that the one mentioned before ;-)
Just one MG but it seems that the other ones did not have budget to race these cars...if you know more tell me!
Concerning the Morgan I really don't understand why the ACO did not accept it...sebring wisdrawal may be??
Two WRs but each one has got a different chassis and engine, so I think it's the reason why they accepted the two WRs
Really hope taurus will enter the game.

Some of you are proposing longer prequalification...it is really not possible to close the road more than what they do now. Every year the ACO has to fight for this and it's possible that one day PQ will be held on the bugatti circuit (there's a strong neibourghood association that think that The race should be better run in another place than the public road!!!remember that not everybody in the world is interested in motorsport!).
Also if you want to restore real prequalification instead of test days you should say good bye to cars such as pagani, spyker, F550 N-GT etc!!It would be a porsche cup in GT class!
Last thing, 24H of nuburgring take place on the 37km track , and LM is only 13,5Km long; also you see more catheram super7 or VW golf than LMP900!!!It's really not the same class of event.
Thank to everybody for your interesting contribution to this forum!!