Thread: ELMS Race 2015 Four Hours of Imola
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3538728)   #38
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed it - TDS looked pretty comfortable throughout - but not to the extent that it was a walk over, some interesting battles, and all helped by it being a lovely track shown off well with good camera positioning. Was struck however that something more than Silverstone this showed that the loss of Alpine and Morand to the WEC took a little bit away from the competition at the sharp end - sure Greaves / Jota / TDS / Murphy all put on a great show, and one assumes SMP will get there, but somehow there's not quite the cataclysmic feel to the confrontation up front that there was last year.

Year on year it's one of the event I keep telling myself I should go to, but being a couple of weeks after Spa and and not too long before Le Mans it's always a difficult one. Maybe one for a bit of advance planning and acceptance that it's going to be a busy 6 weeks in May/June.