Thread: ELMS Race 2015 Four Hours of Imola
View Single Post
Old 18 May 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3538975)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Was struck however that something more than Silverstone this showed that the loss of Alpine and Morand to the WEC took a little bit away from the competition at the sharp end - sure Greaves / Jota / TDS / Murphy all put on a great show, and one assumes SMP will get there, but somehow there's not quite the cataclysmic feel to the confrontation up front that there was last year.
i have to agree with that. it's still a fantastic series, and i would imagine anyone watching it as a new fan wouldn't think there was anything missing but last season was incredibly close. there's been some real driving talent lost with those teams as well that hasn't quite been replaced yet, but there are plenty of spare seats in single seaters at around about the level of lmp2 that are keeping those guys fully committed to there. in a way it's frustrating that there's not quite enough money in the sport for the departed teams to maintain a car in elms as well as stepping into the wec. hopefully that'll change in the future though, and as everyone points out, the cars that have continued provide great racing in all classes so perhaps it's just perception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Year on year it's one of the event I keep telling myself I should go to, but being a couple of weeks after Spa and and not too long before Le Mans it's always a difficult one. Maybe one for a bit of advance planning and acceptance that it's going to be a busy 6 weeks in May/June.
either compromise or bin off spa for a year to do imola instead. you won't regret it. what fantastic surroundings/people and what a great circuit. was very much gutted that work trumped a trip there this season. in what is a truly fantastic calendar (both on and off the circuit) it's the best one, and that's really saying something.