View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4148631)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Martins' fluffed the 2nd race under pressure from Vesti, when the win or at least a podium was likely. But if that ends up being one of only a couple of mistakes this season he is going to be a title contender, no doubt.

Vesti did very well though seemingly managing his tyres earlier on and then coming on very strong after the tyres stops.

Iwasa did a very sensible job but I'm still far from convinced about his ultimate talent.

Elsewhere the other RB juniors had a shocking weekend overall! I would say that Hauger needs to win at least one of the races next time out to ensure he doesn't get left behind. Fittipaldi has done nothing so far to justify Marko signing him up, and of the other RB newcomers to F2 only Maloney and Crawford have shown anything thus far. I expected Hadjar to be one of the top 3 rookies. Let's see how they do next time.

And what do we make of Doohan so far? Kept his powder dry in Jeddah but hardly front running pace? I think I said last year that I wasn't convinced about the fanfare he was receiving from every corner. like Hauger he will need to deliver a strong weekend next event.

Teams wise so far the quickest cars are coming from ART, Prema, and arguably MP, although Hauger has been patchy and Daruvala has been nowhere in qualifying and only seems to make the most of his car during the races?