Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3957691)   #192
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Guys the thread title here is Nissan Leaf, I appreciate there can be a bit of drift, in a thread, but it's getting to the point where this has become a thread on petrol/diesel refining and electrical distribution networks.

Yes relevant to Motoring in general, but if that's a conversation you want to have then please start a thread about it in the correct area.
Or simply change the thread title- outside my remit unfortunately! TBH, how many more pages of interesting discussion can the rather derided (unless you own one) Leaf generate...

I’ve been driving a pure EV for nigh on three year, and drive classics and old race cars for fun. (Appreciate not everyone can afford to do that.) I have friends using Teslas as everyday transport for over 6 years, and one in particular now uses a Model X to tow his race cars round the UK. Another (complete petrolhead) is waiting for delivery of a new I-Pace, spurred on in his case by the BIK tax advantage! I realise that we’re talking ‘high end’ cars here, but then look at the new UP and Citigo. Small cars perfectly suited to an Urban environment. As for charging, some car parks / park and ride parks now offer free charging while you’re using them. OK, only 7kw, but the odd one has 50kw that can be paid for. The big Norwich Lidl (Pod-Point) usually has cars charging evenings and weekends as well as during open hours,

So as we advance towards the 2030s we are learning how to adjust to a world of GRADUALLY REDUCING numbers of petrol and diesel engined transports. IMO we will adapt as we always do to change. Personally I find the odd ‘doom’ posts based on (sometimes dubious) statistics very anti, but you’re never going to change some people’s viewpoints.