Thread: Category engine
View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2020, 08:32 (Ref:4010541)   #102
bloxsidgemotorsport
Rookie

bloxsidgemotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why was it OK to make such a radical change of series DNA as banning a fleet of turbocharged Sierras, Skylines, Starions, Supras and others that competitors, sponsors and manufacturers had spent good money on?

Did the same arguments that apply now, of protecting sunk costs into a fleet of pushrod V8 racing engines, not apply then to a fleet of Cosworth engines, RB26 engines and similar!?

I'd say that V8 Supercars was a totally new series in the 90's from the old group A series. Yes we have now merged history, similar to indycar/ cart have in the US.

Supercars won the battle of supremacy, they managed to build a very professional series that has been successful for almost 25 years.

The biggest issue Supercars face now is it proving ground for manufactures or racing entertainment. Similar to DTM, F1, NASCAR etc all facing same issues.

My gut feeling is that racing entertainment is where they should focus on and worry less about road car relevance. Entertain the public, allow the new breeds of V8 in, for instance Toyota have a V8 in nascar. Run a spec chassis, with a composite body of a 2 or 4 door car. Simple and easy. Does it matter that the camry doesnt come out with a V8.. nope. Same as a Hyundai I40 running a world "repco" v8.

Manufactuers will come as sponsors if people are watching...