Old 14 Aug 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3119590)   #32
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Part of me wants nascar to oil down every track with 4 to go, especially with Kyle leading and the other part of me is wondering how much oil could be seen and what was reported to nascar and when. I assume it was SCCA marshalls, who normally spot oil pretty quickly. I don't recall seeing any oil flags (does nascar even know what that is?).

Do you think they didn't know about it or do you think they knew and ignored it for show/finish?
Watkins Glen International uses two types of marshals, WGI staff are track employees that get paid to work there during the week and RSI (race services incorporated) which is a separate membership from SCCA though many marshals are part of SCCA whether they come from US or Canada.

For NASCAR we get exactly two flags on all stations, and both of them mean caution. The blue flag is to be waived for local yellow scenario, and yellow flag is waived for full course caution.

From what I saw on station 4 at the top of the Esses, the 47 car was smoking heavily for a couple of laps before 18 went all squirly and got bumped by car 2. That being said watching the replay of the last two laps, the radio would have been buzzing with reports of 4 off's and metal to metal contact had it been a different series other than NASCAR... the results would have been different too as a result, but this was very entertaining for everyone watching.

The Grand Am race Saturday afternoon was just as exciting for anyone wanting to watch it