View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:11 (Ref:673148)   #72
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given the growing rumours that Montoya might be going to McLaren, some interesting scenarios come up.

If this happens, Fisi gets the second seat at Williams. I'm almost certain of it. As teammates at Jordan, Fisi easily had the measure of Ralf, and I think we could expect the change of scene to prompt a rejuvinated performance. Also, as has been suggested that he's on the wrong side of 30 for McLaren, Williams' history would suggest otherwise for them. Also, Fisi has had continued contact with Head and Sir Frank for this very eventuality.

As for Heidfeld, I support OzMan in this, recall that if F3000, Montoya and Heidfeld had a Battle Royale and Nick was rigour to JPM's passion. I think Heidfeld as a driver is more in the McLaren mould. The downside of this argument, of course, is Montoya's great charisma and Nick's accountant-like personality.