Thread: Aston Martin
View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2003, 18:50 (Ref:795339)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by almzkid
so a 4.0L Supercharged Ford GT GTS contender could still be a possibility at least
Not knowing thing one about engine blocks, I'd guess it would make more sense to remove the s/c and bore out the engine. I'm assuming the block is somewhat substantial (since it can operate at the higher pressures required by the s/c), and if the Ferrari could get from 5.5 to 6, I'd think the Ford 5.6 could get to 6 at least, maybe even 6.5 if the geometry is right.

It's too bad they went with the 5.6 as the base for the 'charger. If they had've gone with the mod V8 (as used in the Panoz GT and the Multimatic DP among others) they'd only have to sleeve down 0.6L. I fear that 1.6L is a lot of displacement to sleeve out, and you'd end up with a pretty big 4.0L...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James