View Single Post
Old 5 May 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4049918)   #72
Wilter Will
Racer

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWilter Will should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the first round - 4 hours of Goiânia-and would like to share my impressions. The race was won by AJR-Chevrolet #175 of Henrique Assunção/Fernando Ohashi/Fernando Fortes. The first round marked the debut of Pirelli as an exclusive tire supplier. In my opinion, the debut failed. By the end of the first hour of the race, a lot of pieces of rubber appeared on the track outside of the racing trajectory. In addition, the AJR #444 had a puncture during the lead, which was one of the reasons why the car lost the victory. One of the Mercedes was punctured twice. But these are still small things: large pieces of rubber got stuck between the plates of the rear wing and could break the DRS.
By the way, the silhouette-prototype of the José David team debuted in the P2 category and was in the lead of the category due to the pace of Alan Hellmeister and Guto Negrão. But half an hour before the finish of the race, there was a problem with constant-velocity joints.