View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4164034)   #170
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Someone posted some details awhile back so to quantification of where the weight has come from. I wish I could quickly find it to reference it. But, IIRC, generally speaking... increase in wheels and tires size is relatively small given all of the other factors. Hybrid power unit and safety features are the drivers of heavier cars.
I dug around and found it here...

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=145

It was V8 Fireworks who provided the breakdown. I categorized all that he listed as either Wheels, Safety, PSU or Other. For the 2017 entry that was +20kg, I split that 50/50 between Other and Wheels

CategoryWeight (kg)Percentage
Wheels3020%
Safety4531%
PSU5940%
Other139%

So tires/wheels maybe a bit more than I remembered, but only 20% of the weight gain since 2013.

Richard