View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2022, 15:51 (Ref:4116251)   #91
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the livestream and my thoughts are, track looked good and seems like it was regularly watered. The joker is a bit frustrating as because its at the last corner we have lost last lap on track battles but have gained a decent first lap. The EV cars looked OK, the sound as expected, but didn't look particularly quick through the corners and because of their weight weren't that spectacular over the jump.

What I really struggled with was the format. The 2 car battle thing really isn't for me and throw in the joker too and it doesn't look great especially the "final" which ended up as 1 car.The format also means some drivers do literally one 3 lap race all day, really not sure how that justifies the large entry fee. Very short day as well, just 3 and half hours and that included 2 big accidents but it was pretty much non stop apart from that.

Think Lydden is unfortunate to have the first round as the entry size may increase and the EV cars will get to use more power in the future.
Last thing the coverage was OK but why did they have to zoom in so tight on the cars and nearly always just followed the leader even on the first lap?
Will probably give it a go tomorrow and should be more full grids but don't think there will be a huge lot of races.