Thread: Racing!
View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2003, 08:27 (Ref:547173)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by davehewitsonuk
Hey guys,

i am very interested in beginning racing. i am only 16 (17 this september), and i am very interested in the 750 stockhatch championship.

i was just wondering how to start off, i have been given some advice to start off by attending sprints. is this a good idea? should i do this for this year, and then next season enter the 750 stock hatch?

also, on the subject of cars. i absolutely love peugeots, and i was wondering what the pros and cons are of the 106 and the 205.

sorry to ask so many questions

thanks

Dave
Hi Dave,

I have a lot of time for the 750 MC. They have a lot of experienced racers who are always more than helpful. However the Stock and Hot Hatch championships have a lot of younger more inexperienced racers and as such I wouldn't recommend any new starter entering those champs.

It is a cheap way to start but by the time you've changed the shell up to three times in a season you may as well have gone to the CTCRC and competed for a season in Mini or something similar.

I know I am biased (I race, when I can, in Group 1) but if you are going to go racing I'd recommend spending a bit more and doing it in a Championship where there are young and (as with me) old drivers all competing together. That way you get a better insight into what's happening.

Have a look here http://www.csccgb.co.uk

We run a Pre 90 class and If I am right I believe you can run a 205 GT1. You would need to check that though.

Anyway whatever you do I wish you luck.