View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2020, 05:42 (Ref:3990300)   #21
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Eval View Post
I have one of his superb cars an RT34 nearly the last but not quite. The attention to detail is unbelievable. The panels are interchangable from car to car including all of the rivet holes.

Roy
I worked at Ralt building F3, F3000 & even Atlantics, then for an F3 team running Ralts, then for an F3000 team running Lolas. When I first worked on a Lola, I couldn't believe what a massive step back it was compared to the Ralt in fit, engineering and general finishing - even the fabrication of the exhaust was nowhere near as nicely done (although Roy Billington used to do the exhausts at Ralt and there would be very, very few fabricators in the world as good as he was).

You've got a great little machine there Roy, as someone else said, it's a keeper!

We lost an absolute giant of the sport with Ron's passing - RIP!