Thread: Engine Oils
View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4202394)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Iain, they don't have a carburetor or distributor and plug leads either! as I found out when I checked the oil on my wife's VW Polo
Or dipsticks to check the oil level physically.
When I got my current car I spent half an hour looking for the dipstick to check the oil.... I gave up, looked in the manual and discovered there is no dipstick.... checking the oil level is now a menu thing in the settings of my 'infotainment' centre.
So I have to press a series of links on the touchpad until I get to oil level. Press that. It says level ok or add half a litre etc. (Its never said anything but ok)
I hate it. Im old fashioned. I like to see not only the level, but the colour and texture of the oil on the dipstick.... physically see something rather what some sensor tells me.