View Single Post
Old 9 May 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4155173)   #21
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, if nothing else, this Rate the GP illustrates that we have different expectations for GPs and different thresholds for our ratings! I'm very happy that some considered this one worth a 7, which I regard as a fairly high score. I gave it what I thought was a generous 5 and that was after only watching the highlights. Am I missing something by not watching the whole thing?
On the plus side:
Lots of passes and battles.
Magnussen in the Haas was impressive and fought back when passed by faster cars
We can add Alpine into the mix for best of the rest with Ferrari, Mercedes, Aston Martin
Russell's opportunistic overtake on the Alpine.
Max drove very well and came through the field
We had a fight of some kind for the win

On the negative side:
The pace difference between RBR and others is so large the feeling is creeping in that we will not have a genuine non-RBR battle for the win all season long.
Verstappens DRS overtakes were never in doubt and none of the drivers put up any fight whatsoever, apart from Perez who was never going to hold him back for more than a couple of corners.
Another RBR 1-2 may not have been popular with people wanting some variation.
The pre race nonsense was particularly nonsensical and full of celebs hangers on.