View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3464905)   #15
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm not sure if I should reinvigorate this old thread but here goes. There's been quite large advances in tyre softening tyre dosing etc etc. It's no longer a fine art. Just follow the directions to the letter. Different brands yield differing results. But GRIP still smells and is easily detected. Octopus is popular with the H/C guys I know and Track Claw is simply not detectible at all and works a treat on tyres to be used for Dirt Track racing. There's quite a few brands out there now and as one Karter recently told me 'everyone's dosing their tyres and if your not doing it your not competitive'.
I used GRIP on a set of road Michelin PS3' nine days before race day that were less than a season old and went 2.5 secs quicker. The guys on semi slicks (untreated) that I'd been chasing for the first half of the season and had been 2 to 2.3 secs quicker I beat by .3 and .5 secs. I could smell GRIP at the track but I don't think any one else did.
On another car used in Speedway I used Track Claw on brand new road tyre's (mandated in Class) and the driver easily jumped ahead of his competition. Was the Driver Car Owner excited, yes sir indeed. TC needs to be put inside the tyre to get it's best as well it should be painted on the outside. So you need a tyre place to oblige with allowing you to pour some in while the fit up work is performed and then stay quiet. Follow the directions to the letter. Tyres don't wear out as quick or go off as quick with the latest tyre 'additives'(?).