View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4139806)   #97
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I hate the idea that Traction Control is in drag racing...

I'm an unhappy Luddite.
It's not allowed in NHRA or IHRA, this only promods, drag and drive cars, and weekend warriors. It's not as intrusive at the launch as you imagine. It mostly works down the track which doesn't bother me. At the line, it's the same as the top level, you have to guess the first trip down the track, look at the data, and adjust from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Is it just me who watched that video a page or two back of Sebring testing and felt a little worried? Sure, it looks quite quick in a straight line, and it sounds great, etc., but it looked painfully ponderous through the corners. It's obviously hard to tell without anything else on the track with it as a benchmark, but I'd be quite worried that it would be a slow (and dangerous) mobile chicane. It doesn't look GT pace, let alone prototype pace - but I could be very wrong...?

(And it would be hard to believe that drivers of that quality would knowingly put something out there that wasn't safely fast, admittedly)
Stock cars (you didn't say this but for the uninitiated, there is no such thing as a "Nascar") are much quicker than you might think. It's mid-corner speeds will obviously be down a little bit to a GT car but they now have a flat underbody and rear diffusers... think of a "modern" Trans Am car if that translates. I don't feel like it will be a hazard at all. And it has over 900 horsepower and all the torque, so it will pull out of the corner as good as anything. You might even catch a photo of it carrying a tire out of the slower corners.