View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2020, 05:22 (Ref:3995877)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was fun. First time in the car since Spa last year and first time at Thruxton for 25 years.

The fuel problem was resolved by taking old fuel out and putting new in. I was somewhat circumspect at the start so ended up behind Nick but got past after a lap only to be re passed later when we came up to a Sprite. That resulted in three of us swapping places a couple of times. A mini and an Alfa also got in on the act. Ultimately we moved up the order but remained stuck in our personal train. Had a good laugh with Nick afterwards.

I suspect we'd have all gone faster if we weren't dicing but it probably wouldn't have been as much fun.

Ken and Tim Clarke howled their Rover around and finished second overall in the two race HTC event. Had a good chat with Tiff Needell.

Great to see Iain and saw some of his race. That is a stunning grid of cars. I don't think any other MGBs went as fast over the weekend as his did in that race.

Look forward to the pics.