View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3511116)   #342
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I looked through the entire 46 pages and didn't find an answer to my question. I seem to recall seeing something about needing a reservation if taking the TGV. How does one go about making that reservation? Does this have to be done through Rail Europe (I'd rather not go through them if I can avoid it, long story of the strike last year, having paid for insurance but them finding some clause that meant I was not refunded even though they didn't get me where I needed to go), or can I go directly to the TGV company?

Second question, if I'm taking a train other than TGV is it reasonable to think that I can just pay for and get on the train once I am at the train station? For example, I'll be driving down to Angers from Paris, but may wish to just take a train from Angers to Le Mans for Monday and Tuesday before the race (my cousin will be coming with me but would have the car to do other things). Could I just go to the station in Angers and buy a ticket to Le Mans and vice versa?
My son and I got caught up in the strike as well last year. Were supposed to take the train from Le Mans to Stuttgart via Paris after the race. Ended up keeping the rental car, drove back to Paris and flew home instead. Did get a refund though. They initially said I need to go to the train station to validate the strike. Had the credit card company fight it out with Rail Europe.