View Single Post
Old 12 May 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3073269)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Eh?
In the post I quoted I cannot see a single word about 'driving in France'.
How can you know about 'the core campsite culture' (of Le Mans) when you've never been.
You didn't mention that your POV is that of a 'young female traveller' which in any case may be of little relevance to a mature family.
I just felt your post was very negative in many ways and wanted to reassure the OP that it's all good and they will have a ball.
his daughter is 21. that's what i was commenting on. i've got friends who have been going for 20 years, so i do know about the campsite culture. i've also experienced it first hand at more than one foreign circuit campsite at big races.

of course it's negative. you wouldn't want some of the hassle and things that have been said (and done) to me to be said (and done) to your daughter, so you'll have to excuse me for making the op aware of it. as i said in my post, it depends on who she is whether she'll feel intimidated by it or not.

there's plenty of people saying that he and his family will love it, and i'm sure they will. in the spirit of giving genuine advice to the op, i just wanted to make sure that he was aware that there are some pondlife who may or may not be in his campsite.

bentley03 (and ayse), thanks for the advice. i'm actually sober (except christmas and birthdays and mealtimes with the french) and the sole driver for any adventures, so i'm anticipating spending a lot of time watching cars go past in as many different ways as possible whilst off my face on red bull . i'm still finding it difficult to understand where to look for battles and dramas, but i'm learning, studying and revising. i want to appreciate the race in the same way i enjoy the races i go to and watch regularly. so it's taking a lot of effort.

fwiw i stand by my comment about most people here keeping their cards close to their chests. but anything that has been offered has been immensly useful in building up a picture of how best to enjoy the event as much as possible